Interview And Background
Correctional Officer Recruitment
Becoming a correctional officer with the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is an honorable profession. Thank you for your consideration!
You must submit an application for Correctional Officer I and meet all minimum qualifications. You can apply here.
Once you pass the Correctional Officer Entrance Exam, you will be invited to attend the Interview and Background Screening. The screening will include:
- Complete National, State and local criminal history check
- Consumer Credit Check
- Tattoo information and photographs
- Military History (if applicable)
- Employment history review
- Law Enforcement and Correctional applications review
- Personal Reference Checks
- Co-Worker Reference Checks
- Neighborhood Reference Checks
- Verification of Education Credentials
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Evaluation
- Physical Examination
- Urinalysis for Drug Use Testing
Please keep in mind, as we endeavor to fill our team with reputable and dedicated members, the process from application to hire may take several months to complete; however, we strive to conduct all processes in a timely and professional manner. We do hope you consider a career with our team, and we look forward to working with you.