INTERVIEW AND BACKGROUND
Correctional Officer Recruitment
Becoming a correctional officer with the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is an honorable profession. Thank you for your consideration!
Please note that before you take the exam you must have a submitted application for correctional officer. You can apply here.
Once you pass the Correctional Officer Entrance Exam, you will be invited to attend the Interview and Background Screening. The screening will include:
- Complete National, State and local criminal history check
- Consumer Credit Check
- Tattoo information and photographs
- Military History (if applicable)
- Employment history review
- Law Enforcement and Correctional applications review
- Personal Reference Checks
- Co-Worker Reference Checks
- Neighborhood Reference Checks
- Verification of Education Credentials
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Evaluation
- Physical Examination
- Urinalysis for Drug Use Testing
Please keep in mind, as we endeavor to fill our team with reputable and dedicated members, the process from application to hire may take several months to complete; however, we strive to conduct all processes in a timely and professional manner. We do hope you consider a career with our team, and we look forward to working with you.
Additional LinksCorrectional Officer Recruitment Homepage
Compensation, Benefits & Incentives
Interview & Background
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is proud of the men and women who have dedicated themselves to keep our communities safe. It’s a career and duty they do not take lightly.
We look forward to assisting you in your journey to become part of our team.