Correctional Officer Recruitment
Becoming a correctional officer with the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is an honorable profession. Thank you for your consideration!
You must submit the following documents to be considered for a correctional officer position:
- Original proof of citizenship (birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or if applicable, identification card issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States Department of Justice indicating Resident Status). We WILL NOT accept Social Security cards, hospital certificates or employment authorization cards.
- Official High School Transcripts (issued and recognized by the State Board of Education), original GED Certificate with scores, or official college transcripts when a degree has been earned.
- Proof of Identity (Must be valid) Photo identification must be provided at time of interview. One of the following must be submitted as proof of identity:
- Maryland driver’s license;
- A driver’s license issued by another state, the District of Columbia, a United States territory, or a foreign government;
- A United States passport;
- An alien registration card;
- A United States military identification card;
- An identification card issued by a State or local governmental agency, the District of Columbia, a United States territory, or a foreign government.
- Original DD 214 Long Form (or final military discharge paperwork) from all branches served (form must indicate the Dates of Service, Character of Service, Narrative Reason for Separation, Separation Code & Re-entry code – if applicable).
Additional LinksCorrectional Officer Recruitment Homepage
Compensation, Benefits & Incentives
Interview & Background
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is proud of the men and women who have dedicated themselves to keep our communities safe. It’s a career and duty they do not take lightly.
We look forward to assisting you in your journey to become part of our team.