Skip to Content Accessibility Information

DPSCS Office of Victim Services
Division of Parole and Probation

The DPP Office of Victim Services employs coordinators to assist victims whose offenders are court ordered to Parole or Probation or incarcerated.

This includes meeting with victims, providing follow up phone calls to victims, accompany victims to court proceedings, restitution, and agent information, no contact orders, obtaining and maintaining statistical data.

In addition, the Victim Services Coordinator serves as a liaison between victims and community based organizations. The Victim Services coordinator will treat victims with dignity, sensitivity and respect in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland.

DPP Victim Services Unit provides:

  • Compassionate listening
  • Relay victim concerns, such as unwanted mail or phone calls
  • Ensure confidentiality of victim information
  • Restitution
  • Safety planning
  • Assistance with writing Victim Impact Statement
  • Referrals for counseling and other advocacy resources
  • Court accompaniment
  • Assistance with filing protective and/or peace orders

Victim Registration

  1. Crime Victim Notification Request Form- Circuit Court only
  2. VINE or victim information notification everyday by calling 1-866-634-8463
  3. You can send an email or a written letter to DPP Victim Services Unit
  4. You may email concerns and questions to dpp.victimservices@maryland.gov
  5. You can also send written correspondence to DPP Victim Services Unit @ 6776 Reisterstown Rd. Ste. 310-38 Baltimore, Md. 21215.

DPP Victim Services Unit Contact Information

Karen Darby 410-585-3340

Victim Services Unit Coordinators
Central Region: Maxine Audain 410-878-8256
West Region: Tiffany S. Smith 410-480-7911
Capitol Region and East Region: Janaya Douglas 410-585-3293



Once the court orders restitution payments as part of a criminal sentence, the Division of Parole and Probation (DPP) will collect the restitution from the offender unless otherwise ordered. The payment is forwarded to you as a monthly payment during the probation period. Usually restitution payments are throughout the course of the supervision sentence through a payment plan set up by the offender’s agent or monitor. Unless the judge orders otherwise, the offender must pay the total amount due ninety days prior to the end of the sentence. Generally, the payment plan is simply the amount of total money owed by the offender divided by the number of months that the offender is under the supervision of DPP. When the offender pays DPP, the money posted to the offender’s account and a notice is sent to the Maryland Treasury. You will receive a check directly from the State of Maryland, Office of the Treasurer. The process to disburse the funds received by the Treasury is initiated on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Therefore, you can expect to receive a check by the first week of the following month.

I Have Not Received Restitution Ordered By A Judge

There are several reasons why you may not be receiving the restitution you believe has been ordered by the judge:

Your address may not be correct.

If DPP does not have a complete or correct address for you, the Treasury will not be able to forward the restitution. You should contact the agent or monitor supervising the offender to provide updated information.

No Payment Received.

Sometimes offenders do not submit payments as instructed. Agents and monitors verify payment plans regularly and take steps to ensure the offender’s compliance. Also, automatic notices are sent to remind offenders of their payment obligations. Should an offender remain non-compliant, the court will be notified. If you believe that, you should be receiving restitution but have not been mailed a payment, you should contact the agent or monitor who supervises the offender.

What if the offender’s supervision sentence is over but I haven’t received the full amount of the restitution owed to me.

At case closing, if approved by the Courts, DPP refers any unpaid balance to the state’s Central Collection Unit (CCU) to continue the collection efforts. Additionally, CCU may attempt to intercept tax refunds or lottery winnings and apply them to the balance due. There are no time limits for the collection of unpaid restitution.

Collecting On A Money Judgment

An order of restitution may be converted to a money judgment, which allows you, as a creditor, to garnish the offender’s wages or attach a lien to property owned by the offender.

After you convert your order of restitution to a money judgment, the judgment must be recorded and indexed in the county or city where the offender owns property.

If your case was heard in the Circuit Court, the judgment of restitution will be automatically recorded and indexed as a money judgment in the county or city where the case took place. If the offender lives or owns property in another city or county, you need to record and index the judgment in each city or county where the offender lives or owns property. If your case was heard in District Court, you need to fill out a form to record and index the order of restitution as a money judgment in each city or county in which the offender lives or owns property.

To file a wage garnishment, you need to fill out a Request for Garnishment on Wages Form.

The agent or monitor managing the case can help you complete these forms and give you the name and address of the offender’s employer.

You may attach a lien on to the offender’s property or other assets.

If you attach a lien to the offender’s property or assets, you will become part owner of the property and will receive a share of the proceeds when the offender sells the property. Property that may be attached includes the offender’s house, car or bank accounts. To attach the property of an offender, you must file a lien.

Access to the forms and instructions are available at www.courts.state.md.us.

How Do I Contact the Agent or DDMP Monitor Who Supervises the Offender?

You may contact any DPP office in the State to get the name and contact information for the agent who supervises an offender. Tell the operator you are a victim of a crime and would like to know who is assigned to supervise the offender.

If the agent or monitor is not available, leave a message asking him or her to contact you. If you do not feel the agent or monitor has been responsive, ask to speak to his or her supervisor.


The Office of DPP Victim Services will make referrals for domestic violence cases through the House of Ruth, Turn Around, My Covenant Place and the Family Justice Center in Prince George’s County. DPP VSU can accompany you to court for proceedings or to obtain a Protective Order, help with developing a victim impact statement and to help you to prepare a safety plan.